It’s official! Bigwave media is now recognised as Disability Confident Committed. We even have a certificate to prove it…
So, apart from giving us a cool badge of honour to add to our many accolades (humble brag) what does this actually mean? Well, as a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we are dedicated to:
- Ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering interviews to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- Providing at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
At Bigwave media, we want to be part of the movement that encourages disabled people to follow their passion. It came as a shock to learn that 50% of workplaces are missing out because they are excluding disabled talent – an extraordinary number, we think you’ll agree.
Although we don’t need a certificate to prove our commitment to this important subject, we’re proud to have something visible that actively encourages people with disabilities to take up the same opportunities as everyone else.
Being Disability Confident is a big opportunity that allows us to draw from a wider talent pool and invite as many brilliant minds as we can into the #TeamBigwave family.
Managing Director at Bigwave Marketing, Benn Davis, said
“Bigwave media is committed to promoting equal opportunities for everyone. We strive to create a culture of diversity and want everyone to feel equal in our organisation. Our employees are the background of our organisation and as #TeamBigwave continues to grow, we want to continue to prioritise making our hiring process as open as possible.”